Since 1987, we have created and preserved over 300 affordable homes in Chinatown and the Greater Boston area.
Our Mission & Values
The Asian Community Development Corporation (ACDC) works in underserved and immigrant Asian American communities in the Greater Boston region to create and preserve affordable, sustainable, and healthy neighborhoods. We achieve this by building affordable homes and vibrant spaces, empowering families with asset-building tools, and strengthening communities through resident and youth leadership.
The following organizational values will guide ACDC in its future work:
- Trustworthy and Accountable
- Inclusive and Collaborative
- Innovative and Adaptive
- Professional with High Standards
our impact - 2016
- 50 families purchased new homes through our one-on-one homebuyer and financial counseling and our HUD-certified first-time homebuyer classes.
- Construction began on 51 affordable condos at our 88 Hudson Street development. With last year's addition of 95 affordable rentals at 66 Hudson Street, we will welcome 146 working families back to Chinatown!
- 60 youth volunteered more than 1,000 hours to community improvement projects through our A-VOYCE youth leadership program.
- Over 5,000 calls made to registered Quincy Asian voters to increase voter turnout in the 2016 election.