Asian Voices of Organized Youth for Community Empowerment (A-VOYCE) is the ACDC’s dynamic leadership program for youth from Greater Boston.
A-VOYCE brings youth together to use their voices in affecting positive change in the community through the power of dialogue and storytelling.
A-VOYCE serves youth ages 14-18 from the Greater Boston area, with an emphasis on low-income youth from Boston and urban Asian American communities in the metropolitan area. The year-round program consists of a comprehensive curriculum of community development and cultural identity. The curriculum includes lessons on the history of urban renewal and community development, guest speakers from the Chinatown community, interactive creative workshops and peer trainings by youth from other community and non-profit groups.
A-VOYCE youth have the opportunity to:
- Provide volunteer service
- Earn money in a summer program
- Develop their leadership skills
- Attend workshops on resume writing and college planning
- Gain public-speaking skills and experience
- Learn how to use their voices to bring about change in their neighborhoods
Following the training curriculum, A-VOYCE youth move from theory to practice by participating in the See-Town Chinatown Walking Tour. The See-Town trains students to lead community tours of Chinatown and give visitors historical, cultural, and personal perspectives of the 100+ year old neighborhood.
Join us today!
- Apply for the program!
- Assist our youth! Volunteer and intern opportunities available.
- Teach our youth! Guest speaker opportunities available.
- Book a tour! Reserve your space for a See-Town Tour
- Support our youth! Donations are greatly appreciated.